Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Pella, Iowa - Dutch Country

From the time we visited Knoxville, Iowa, we were told about Pella, a little Dutch town. Everyone encouraged us to go. From Knoxville, there is a nice scenic route that includes alot of Red Rock Lake, the largest lake in Iowa. This picture was taken from the "Mile Long Bridge." We were headed to Pella one Friday morning for Dutch pastries. It's so worth the 15 minute drive!


Molly is enjoying doughnut holes in this picture. Behind her you can see the Jarsama Bakery Shop. The town has a nice park in the middle of town, perfect for enjoying pastries!


Everyone around here loves the Bakery's Dutch Letters. I had never had one before. I thought it was neat that on the day we came, they made them just for me! 
(Not really. But it's nice to think that! I think they always make S's.)


I wish I could figure out how to turn pictures the right way! Oh well. 
This one is still so cute, notice the Dutch Bakery in the background!