Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Story @ our Lexie


Last night, while I was getting Molly and Mary Ellen ready for church, Lexie came running into the house, excited about something. She told me that there was a girl outside who needed air in her bicycle tire. Lexie knew that we could help her because Daddy had just bought a new air pump. Plus, she had seen me use it earlier in the day on the double stroller. Anyway, I told her I would be out as soon as I could to help the girl.
When I finally got outside, Lexie called for the girl to come over. I thought it was pretty sweet, she said, "My mom will help you!" And I did. I fixed her tires and we started to talk. Come to find out, the girl had 6 siblings. I asked if they were going to church anywhere. She said they weren't. So... I invited them, and to make this story a bit shorter.... they came to church last night! All 7 of them! They were from ages 6 to 12. And the good news is, they had a great time and want to come back on Sunday! I'm so excited!
So, please pray for us as we endeavor to reach out to this family.
And by the way, I'm pretty proud of my little Lexie for wanting to help a neighbor in need. It is usually Leah who is wanting to help others. But we have been striving as a family to teach the 2nd Greatest Commandment: Love your neighbor as yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment